What a day at the zoo. We went to the zoo today with a friend and went into the bird house where you can feed birds if you want. It is a little crazy in there because you are in a small room filled with about 50 or so parakeets and other small colorful birds. You can then buy a popsicle stick dipped in honey and bird seed for $1 and you hold it out and a bird will land on your stick. Sounds cool and if you aren't a flinchy person it is. However my children and myself are very flinchy. E knew right away that watching was what was best for him. R thought it looked cool when her friend was doing it and in fact after I caught a bird for her she was doing good holding it. Which is when I decided to try and get a photo of her. Then it all went wrong for R... just as I was about to click the photo another bird decided to get in on the action and it flew in and landed on her arm, as you can see from the picture this didn't go over too well with her. What went with that face was a scream unlike any I have heard from her. I don't think there is any question that R will go the way of her brother next time well visit the birds!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
In Coming!!!
What a day at the zoo. We went to the zoo today with a friend and went into the bird house where you can feed birds if you want. It is a little crazy in there because you are in a small room filled with about 50 or so parakeets and other small colorful birds. You can then buy a popsicle stick dipped in honey and bird seed for $1 and you hold it out and a bird will land on your stick. Sounds cool and if you aren't a flinchy person it is. However my children and myself are very flinchy. E knew right away that watching was what was best for him. R thought it looked cool when her friend was doing it and in fact after I caught a bird for her she was doing good holding it. Which is when I decided to try and get a photo of her. Then it all went wrong for R... just as I was about to click the photo another bird decided to get in on the action and it flew in and landed on her arm, as you can see from the picture this didn't go over too well with her. What went with that face was a scream unlike any I have heard from her. I don't think there is any question that R will go the way of her brother next time well visit the birds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment