Thursday, January 29, 2009

Updates and New Photos




Some updates and new photos are in order.  Every year I take pictures of the kids in the same piece of clothing of mine and Kevin's to see how much they've grown.  As you can see they have so much fun with this.  The purple dress is the item that is mine, not the tutu, fyi.
E entered the PTSA sponsored art contest, Reflections again this year and his photograph of lego star wars ships went on to the district level, it did not make it past that, but he was still excited to see his work up at the district building.  A kindergartner from his school entered a piano piece that he composed and he was selected to go on to the state level.  How impressive is that!!  E was not composing in kindergarten, now in first grade, he totally has that down.  Not really, he doesn't even play an instrument.  Rue continues to amaze me with her ability to see a need and help out before being asked.  We are always hearing from her Sunday School teachers how she passed out snack, or at preschool how she asked someone who was crying to come sit with her.  Papa was quite impressed the other day when he said he was going to use the bathroom before he took her out to lunch she headed for the bathroom, turned on the light and proceeded to lift the lid for him before stepping out.  He has decided she will be the one to care for him in his old age:)
Yesterday I turned another year older... much like E I don't feel any different than I did before the big day.  In fact I think I'm having a harder time grasping that I have a 7 year old than the fact that I'm in my mid-thirties.  I had a great day!  It started with Rue climbing in bed and saying to Kevin, "Aren't you soooo excited it's mommy's birthday!"  Then it ended with E's first grade basketball team serenading me with Happy Birthday at the start of practice.  There is nothing like having little kids in your life to make sure your birthday is recognized and celebrated!

No comments: