Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mariners, San Juans, and Bike Riding!






The last two weeks have been full and fun!  Kevin's parents came to visit and we all headed up to Orcas and San Juan Island for a couple days.  The weather was beautiful and sights were gorgeous.  Then Kevin, E, Auntie B, and Raul, and I headed to a Mariners game.  We were not the magic ticket for the Mariners, they lost, but we had a great time.  I've saved the best for last, at least according to E.  A week ago E learned how to ride his bike without training wheels.  Watching him now you would never know that he couldn't do it.  It is amazing!  Kevin and I said it is similar to watching your child take their first steps, they try and try and then they just take off.  We also bought a little Dora bike for Rue.  We thought we would take a different route this time and start the way E ended up learning, which was without pedals or training wheels.  So I put her bike all together and left off the pedals and training wheels and then called her down to see it.  She was so excited at first look, then she inspected it closer and says, "where are my pedals and my wheels?!"  Kevin told her that she was going to learn to glide like E.  She put her hands on her hips and announced, "I am not riding like E, I want my pedals, and I want my wheels!"  She then turned around and marched back upstairs.  Needless to say she has won this battle and now has pedals and wheels and we told her we would try it when she turned 4 without them.  We are also having fun settling into our new house.

No comments: