
As you can see we made gingerbread houses. A friend hosted a party for the kids to decorate their own houses, R and I worked on one together. It was a fun event to observe for me because it highlighted some of the ways in which E and R are different. E wanted to do his entirely on his own including frosting it. About half way through I was down next to him and he quietly asked if after he finished the row he was working on could he try one of those, pointing to one of the many candy bowls on the table. I of course said yes. Little did he know that his sisters method was to try at least two of each candy before placing it on the house. Then she would get down from the chair go over to the buffet of other food and treats sample, come back to the house and carry on. It has also been interesting because she is having no problem taking candy off her house and eating it since we've been home where as E is saving it until after Christmas. I am trying to encourage him to try a couple now because I know how hard those chewy candies will be in a week!
I can't believe we are a week away from Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment