School is done for both kids, the pool is blown up, and we've even gone to the cabin for a few days! I'm excited about what summer holds for us. It is great to have a change in the routine.
I took the kids up to the cabin for a couple days with my dad and we had such a good time. Riley is at a great age now in that she doesn't knock everything over and fall down all the time up there. We went up after Memorial Day weekend so we even had the lake to ourselves. We have also had the neighbor kids over to play with their slip n slide and our pool. The weather has cooled off again, but we know that won't last forever.
I also wanted to include a couple recipes that are summer favorites for us, because I can prepare them anytime during the day and they are good for dinner with yummy leftovers.
Tortellini Picnic Salad from the Junior League Cookbook (Seattle)
24 ounces of tortelinis fresh or frozen (I just use one bag of frozen which is actually only 19 oz.)
1 Cup Feta
1/2 Cup chopped olives
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
1 Cup tomato (I add these in on an individual basis to keep them from getting soggy and some don't like them)
Dressing
1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 Cup chopped green onions
3 medium cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Mix it all together and enjoy!
Black Bean Salad
1 can black beans
1 bag frozen corn (thawed)
1/4 Cup red onion finely chopped (or to taste)
big bunch of cilantro chopped
mango or papaya cubed
half a bag of craisins
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/8 Cup Balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
I usually serve it over a bed of baby spinach leaves and a couple wedges of cheese quesadillas
Happy June!
1 comment:
I was just about to email you to wonder about your updating of the blog! Debbie and I will have to try those recipes.
Post a Comment